Die Eisenbahn “kam” am 14. Oktober 1862 nach Weilburg. Also 27 Jahre nach der Eröffnung der ersten Eisenbahn von Nürnberg nach Fürth 1835. Weilburg hatte zu diesem Zeitpunkt 3.007 Einwohner (Ende 2015 waren es 13.337 Einwohner).
Weilburg - Bf - FWGW : 76D1 : SD14-Jun15
The Weilburg station went into operation as the terminus of the section from Limburg (Lahn) to Weilburg on 14 October 1862. On the whole Lahntalbahn the railway operation began on 10 January 1863. The neoclassical stucco building was designed by architect Heinrich Velde. The reception building is similar to that of Diez, Bad Ems and Rüdesheim. Here too, two two-storey gabled buildings were connected to a wing. The windows and doors were set in frames of sandstone. Also made of sandstone are the pedestals, the cornice friezes and the lentils with female busts of the middle tract. In 1862 also the freight shed was built. Toward the Limburg Lahntalbahn via a steel bridge over the river directly into the 302 meter long tunnel Weilburger. Immediately below the railway tunnel is the only ship tunnel in Germany. This was built between 1844 and 1847. A double chamber sluice compensates for the height difference of 4.65 meters.On November 1, 1891, the 22-kilometer Weileralbahn from Weilburg branched off to Weilmünster. Through this railway the rich raw materials could be brought to the Lahntalbahn. An ore load was created in the station. In November 1892, a locomotive with a turntable was built to supply the steam locomotives. Passenger traffic was discontinued in 1955, freight traffic in 1968 on the Weiltalbahn.In 1914, the mechanical interlocks were put into operation. In 1915 the underpass and the fright station was completed. The house platform has a wooden canopy.The station buildings are protected as a historical monument.
The railway "came" to Weilburg on 14 October 1862. Thus 27 years after the opening of the first railway from Nuremberg to Fürth 1835. At this time, Weilburg had 3.007 inhabitants (end of 2015 it was 13,337 inhabitants).